Morialta Falls June 2006.>
COVID-19 Coronavirus response update:
The Friends of Black Hill & Morialta are pleased to be able to report some easing with respect to volunteering. These are the restrictions coming in from 8th June 2020:
2 June 2020
- Meeting outdoors only;
- Social distancing between volunteers, volunteers to maintain at least 1.5m distancing avoiding all physical contact;
- No sharing of tools/equipment without sanitizing tools;
- No attendance at events if feeling at all unwell.
For more information:
- Check our Diary Dates for upcoming events.
- Find out about our Free A Tree Initiative
- Make a donation
- Become a member.
- Contact the friends.
- Listen to Park Friends podcasts.
The Friends of Black Hill and Morialta's purpose is to conserve, protect and restore our environment by:
- Organising and managing a group under the Friends of Parks scheme specifically focused on the interests of Morialta, Black Hill and Horsnell Gully Conservation Parks;
- Fostering a public interest in the conservation, protection and preservation of natural and heritage assets of Reserves;
- Working in partnership with the Department's staff to further the interests of the Reserves;
- Providing voluntary assistance to the Department;
- Planning and implementing projects intended to conserve and preserve natural and heritage assets in Reserves;
- Raising funds to resource activities designed to further the objectives of the association;
- Conducting research and field investigation to record natural assets, people and places including events of historical interest relevant to Reserves;
- Cooperating with persons or organisations having similar aims or like interests excluding support for registered political parties.
About the Parks
Backdrop to the Adelaide PlainsSpectacular scenery, conservation of natural lands, along with our indigenous flora and fauna, combine in Black Hill, Morialta and Horsnell Gully Conservation Parks. They also provide opportunities in an outdoor setting for recreation for park visitors. Together they form a major open space along the foothills that is the Adelaide Hills Face Zone.
Site last updated:
- 20 June 2020
* Black Hill plant list page 3 Hymenanthera dentata photo added.
* Morialta plant list page 3 Hymenanthera dentata photo added.
* Morialta bird page 2 New photo added.
- 3 July 2020
* Morialta bird page 4 New photo added.
* Morialta bird page 1 New photo added.
- 19 July 2020
* Morialta bird pages New photos added.
- 27 July 2020
* Free A Tree Initiative Project update.
- 11 August 2020
* Crag Care Project page updated with new reports and photos.
* new page! Annual reports added